Thursday, January 10, 2013

Goals.

I'm two years into motherhood and sometimes I miss the person I used to be. But there is also some value in who I've become.  So it's time to put a little of this and a little of that together.  It's time for some changes.
  • I want to write more and I want to write constructively. I want to start blogging again.  I want my words to count.  I want to be publishable.  
  • I want to make playtime with my daughter count.  I want to sit on the floor more.  I want to stop saying "in two minutes," knowing I really mean 10; I want to push aside housework on occasion to play with her.  
  • I want to walk more.  I want to stop the excuses.  I like to walk, but I don't do it as much anymore because it's cold.  Or because I'm lazy.  Or because I'm nervous that Beanette will cry halfway through and I'll have to turn around.  
  • I want to dress up more.  I want to do my hair and my make-up more often.  I need to make more of an effort to get dressed earlier in the day.  I want to pretty myself up.
  • I want to take more pictures...of myself.  I want more of a record of who I am at this time, for Beanette.  I want her to be able to look at pictures and be able to see the love I have for her.  
I guess you could call them New Year's Resolutions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment