Thursday, March 14, 2013

Humbled

Today, I took the time to get properly dressed and do my makeup.  It's a warm day, so I finally had the opportunity to put my daughter in one of her cute spring dresses.  By 10:30, we were out the door.

I imagined that we made a cute picture.  I had on a white tree and a brand new fuschsia maxi skirt.  I had my  pig-tailed daughter wrapped on my back and we were walking our little furry white dog.  A stranger even stopped to roll down her window and tell me "Your daughter is beautiful."

So yeah, I was feeling pretty good.

But fast-forward an hour.  My makeup was still done and my skirt was still cute, but my toddler was throwing a huge tantrum as we left the park.  I ended up having to carry her sideways, like a board as she continued to wail and kick.  I stopped to put her down, offered a huge, tried to talk to her to no avail.  She was loud and hysterical and I'm sure the neighbor had to have been peering out of their windows.

I imagine the picture we made then was considerably less cute.  So, today my daughter humbled me by being a typical two year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment